If you plan on refurbishing the areas around your bed to give it a beautiful and glossy outlook, then, a rug is your best bet. But a little trouble might arise on how to go about the installation.
We would reveal how to place a rug under a bed in this post. Firstly, clean the floor, determine the ends of the rug, then roll up the rug to one corner. Also, lift the footboard and continue with the installment process.
Read on as we throw more light on how to place a rug under a bed.
Related: Will a Rug Help a Squeaky Floor?
How to Place a Rug Under a Bed
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Place a Rug Under a Bed
- 2 Tips to Keep in Mind When Placing a Rug Under the Bed
- 3 Tips on How to Choose a Rug Size for Your Bed Type
- 4 Conclusion
Here are a few tips on how to place a rug under a bed.
1. Clean the Floor
To begin with, you would have to clean the floor where you plan on installing the rug. Also, remove all the pieces of furniture that can be moved. Especially ones that might prevent or slow down the installation of your rug under the bed.
2. Determine the Ends of the Rug
The next step is to measure the size of the rug to deduce its size. Also, compare it to the size of the bed that you are about to place it under.
Equally, deduce where you would want the rug to be placed. It is best you do it immediately because when you install it, it would be hard to make adjustments.
3. Rollup Up the Rug to one of its Corner
Once you have deduced the length of the rug when unrolled, roll up the rug from one end to another till you get to a given point. This will make the installment easy because it would only require you to roll it out.
4. Lift the Footboard
The next step is to lift the footboard of the bed after you are done rolling up the rug. To be on the safe side, make use of a car jack. You can equally ask someone to help you raise the bed.
5. Roll Out the Rug
The next step is to roll out the rug from the raised end of the floor to the other end.
6. Raise the Bed’s Headboard
Your next move is to lift the headboard. Before you lift the headboard, ensure the footboard is already lowered. This would help guarantee you don’t need to break a sweat to lift the board.
7. Roll Out the Remaining Parts of the Rug
Finally, you would need to roll out the remaining part of the rug. You would do this through the already raised headboard’s end. Then, carefully place it down on the bed.
Tips to Keep in Mind When Placing a Rug Under the Bed
Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind when installing a rug under the bed.
1. Ensure while you are unrolling your rug that it is placed in a straight form.
2. Be on the lookout while moving your moveable piece of furniture to prevent them from getting destroyed.
3. Make use of a car jack while placing your rug under the bed. You can also ask someone to aid you through the process. The more hands that are available the better.
Tips on How to Choose a Rug Size for Your Bed Type
Follow this tip to choose the best rug size for your bed.
1. One rule you should note down is that your bedroom wall should not lengthen from wall to wall. There is supposed to be about 5 inches of space between the rug and the wall.
2. Also note that the rug size should increase alongside the size of the room. Doing it this way would help prevent your bed-chamber from looking uneven.
3. Another important tip is that the rug size you should place under your bed should be the same as the bed size. It should fit into the room size.
If you are trying to make the area under your bed an aesthetic place to look at, placing a rug under it would be your best bet. We gave a detailed guideline on how to place a rug under the bed.