Having a wool braided rug laid on your floor is a whole new level of comfort. It is one of the best rugs for miles around. But problems might arise regarding the best way to care for the rug.
This would lead to the discussion on how to clean wool braided rugs; firstly, get rid of the excess dirt, make use of a vacuum cleaner, then mix cold water and a cleaning solution. You can also scrub the braided area with a sponge, and pick up the dirt. Then finally, give your rug time to dry.
Read on as we throw more light on how to clean wool braided rugs.
How to Clean Wool Braided Rugs
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Clean Wool Braided Rugs
- 2 Can You Wash a Braided Wool Rug in a Washing Machine?
- 3 How to Wash Braided Wool Rugs
- 4 Conclusion
One of the unavoidable things is having dirt longer on your Braided Wool Rug. But knowing how to clean wool braided rugs and get rid of the dirt gives you an advantage. We would give a step-by-step guideline on how to clean braided wool rugs.
1. Get Rid of the Excess Dirt
You must shake off the excess dirt on the wool braided rugs. You have to choose between hanging it on a strong clothesline and hit off the surplus dirt or shake it with force using your hand. This would help remove the excess dirt and dust.
2. Make Use of a Vacuum Cleaner
You would need to vacuum-clean both the two sides of your braided rug. You would require a place with enough space, so it is best you do it outside. If you feel outside isn’t confident you can make use of your garage.
3. Mix Cold Water and a Cleaning Solution
The next step is to mix cold water with any soft cleaning solution of your choice. You would need to fill a big bucket with water, then, apply a cleaning detergent to the water-filled bucket.
4. Scrub the Braided Area with a Sponge
You would need to scrub on the braided area with a brush, it should be done gently and prudently. Also, ensure you do not soak the braided wool rug with water when scrubbing.
Wool is a very absorbent material, hence, it would take a long time to dry. And if not dried properly would only cause harm.
5. Pick Up the Dirt
You would need to trace the dirt and pick it up using a clean, moist sponge. Also, get rid of any hanging detergent using a clean sponge. In a case where it is extra moist, make use of a paper towel to get rid of the excess moisture.
6. Give Your Rug Time to Dry
After you are done with the cleaning process, the next step is to hang your braided wool rug and give it time to dry outside. Do not forget that braided rugs are absorbs moisture, so, give them time to dry up properly.
Can You Wash a Braided Wool Rug in a Washing Machine?
It might give you great concerns about how to ensure your braided wool rug is properly cleaned. This might lead to the question on if it can be washed by a washing machine.
The answer isn’t a straight yes or no. Whether it can be washed in the washing machine solely depends on the material the braided rug is made from.
It is very safe to use materials made from cotton, synthetic materials, polyester, polypropylene, and nylon. They are generally recommended for washing, using the washing machine. But, wool, jute, animal fur, and seagrass are not recommended for washing, using the washing machine.
How to Wash Braided Wool Rugs
Not all braided wool rugs can be washed. This is because of the materials used during the manufacturing process.
You have to be careful and make proper research to know if your wool braided rug is washable. We listed the washable and non-washable rugs, above.
We would give a detailed list of how to wash braided wool rugs.
1. If your braided wool rug is on the list of rugs that are safe for washing, then you should first check it out for loose stitches.
Be sure that there are no loose stitches on your rug. Ensure you wash the braided rug in cool water and also tumble-dry the rug in a low setting.
2. In a case where your rug is too large to enter the washing machine, you can place it on the concrete floor. Then, use a carpet cleaning solution to wash your rug clean, using the tips we gave above.
3. If there are traces of stains on your wool braided rug, scrub the rug gently using a brush, then, rinse with a soft brush. Also, blot-dry the rug and ensure it dries properly, this is because water can cause damage to the rug.
4. You can also make use of talcum powders for your animal fur braided rug. After application, give it time to sit, then wipe the rug clean with a cotton rag.
You can’t prevent your rug from accumulating dirt and dust over time, it is unavoidable. But you can have measures at your disposal to clean and maintain your home. This would help keep your rug in good and proper condition.
In this post, we gave a detailed list of how to clean wool braided rugs. We also gave tips on how to wash the rug in case there is a need for it.