A soda spill on the carpet can create twice the difficulty if not cleaned up immediately. If not cleaned up, the sticky syrup that sweetens the drink gathers even more dirt.
Thus, in this post, we will be looking at how to get orange soda out of carpet. In most situations, common home items such as dish soap and white vinegar may remove all traces of soda from the carpet without the need for harsh chemical-based cleaners.
Read on as we explore effective methods on how to get orange soda out of carpet.
Related: How to get slime out of carpet
How to Get Orange Soda Out of Carpet
Table of Contents
The steps outlined below will be effective in getting orange soda out of your carpet.
1. Mix 1 TBS liquid dish soap, 1 cup white vinegar, and 2 cups water in a spray bottle.
2. Dampen a cloth with the solution and dab the stain if it has already dried. If a spill just happened moments ago and the area is still wet, use a couple of paper towels to absorb extra moisture by laying them over the spot to pull up the soda liquid.
3. Then, get back to blotting the stain with the vinegar solution.
3. After removing the stain, rinse the solution residue using a sponge or cloth dampened in clean water. Then pat and wipe the area clean.
4. Use a dry towel to absorb any leftover moisture and thoroughly dry the region.
5. If the stain is still there after the procedure outlined above, dab the spot with rubbing alcohol to remove the remaining stain from the carpet.
6. Mist the treated area lightly with water and wipe it dry with a dry towel to remove the coating of alcohol.
7. Use a dry towel to absorb any remaining moisture and get the area as dry as possible.
8. If you are dealing with a very tough soda stain, you may remove the stain by adding a few tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia to the formula.
However, these chemicals are known to lighten carpet dye, and you risk lightening the color of your carpet by adding them to the formula.
Cleaning Orange Soda Stain with Club Soda
When it comes to eliminating particular beverage colors from carpet, such as red or orange drinks, club soda’s minerals and carbonation might be your best bet.
Pour a little amount of club soda on the stain and allow it to rest for a few minutes. Using a dry white towel, blot the affected area. If required, repeat the club-soda treatment while blotting it up.
If the color from the original soft-drink spill remains, spray a tiny quantity of lemon juice over the affected area, wait a few minutes, and then rinse with cool water by dabbing the area with a moist white towel.
To avoid spreading the stain, wipe from the outside corners of the stained carpet toward the center.
Cleaning Orange Soda Stain with Lemon Juice
Start with using the club soda treatment outlined above. If club soda does not erase the stain, pour lemon juice on top of the orange stain and wipe after a minute or two.
If the stain remains, apply a little more lemon juice and brush the stain with a gentle scrub brush, going from the outside to the center of the stain.
Blot the lemon juice up again, then apply white vinegar to the stain. After a minute or two, blot the vinegar with a moist white towel.
Cleaning Orange Soda Stain with Carpet Stain Remover
For a really tough orange soda stain, you may have to try removing it using a carpet stain remover. Surfactants in carpet stain removers help cleaners perform more effectively.
Surfactants are chemicals that are utilized in a variety of cleaning products due to their ability to reduce water surface tension. This improves the molecules’ capacity to travel over and through a material (such as carpet fibers), making them more likely to interact with and remove stains such as oil and grease.
Follow the stain removal directions carefully, and avoid using too much cleaning. An overabundance of cleaner is difficult to remove and may attract filth in the future.
One thing is for certain, wherever there is a gathering, there is going to be soda, and soda or cola stains may easily find their way into your carpet.
However, we hope this post on how to get orange soda out of carpet will be of great help to you after such gathering.