Real maple syrup is delicious. This versatile condiment can be used to complete a dish, make baked products, or even consumed on its own.
The only true disadvantage of using real maple syrup is the possibility of a sticky mess. This is exactly why we are interested in how to clean syrup off the floor. The vinegar and baking soda mixture are quite effective in cleaning syrup off the floor.
Read on as we provide you with more tips and tricks on dealing with messy syrup spills on the floor.
How to Clean Syrup Off Floor
Table of Contents
First and foremost, you will require the following materials:
- Liquid hand dishwashing detergent
- White vinegar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Enzyme presoak product
- Chlorine bleach or oxygen bleach
1. Make a solution of 1-quart lukewarm water, 1/2 teaspoon liquid hand dishwashing soap, and 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
2. Pour the solution over the spill and let it sit for about 15 minutes. then rinse off with clean water
4. Using light motions, sponge the stain with rubbing alcohol from center to edge.
5. Soak for 30 minutes in a quart of warm water with 1 tablespoon of enzyme presoak products.
6. If the color stain remains, clean the area with chlorine bleach.
Related: How to clean sticky wood floor
How to Clean Syrup Off Carpets
Materials needed for cleaning syrup off carpets are ammonia and detergent, if you’ve gotten that then proceed with the instructions described below.
1. Remove any excess foreign material using a scraper.
2. Combine one tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent and two cups of warm water in a mixing bowl.
3. Apply the detergent solution to the stain using a clean white cloth.
4. Blot until the liquid is completely absorbed.
5. Re-do Steps 4 and 5 until the stain is gone.
6. If the discoloration remains, combine one tablespoon ammonia and two cups of warm water. (Note: Never combine chlorine bleach with ammonia — the fumes are toxic.)
7. Apply the ammonia solution to the stain.
8. Blot until the liquid is completely absorbed.
9. Blot dry after sponging with cold water.
Tips in Dealing with Syrup Spills on Floors
There are some unconventional solutions to clean up syrup spills. You don’t mop syrup spill with either soap or detergent, as this will only worsen the situation.
Below are some tips that will help you with syrup spills
- If you spill syrup or a raw egg, sprinkle a bunch of salt on it and let it sit for a minute or two. The salt will absorb up most of the spill and prevent it from spreading. This will make cleaning up easier for you.
- Pour a bag of flour over the spill and let it seem for some time. Come back with a dustpan and spatula to scoop up the non-liquid mixture, leaving only a little sticky spot. then clean with detergent
- Put a large sheet of wax paper immediately on the syrup puddle. Spoon the syrup onto the wax paper using a spatula or paint scraper. You’ll soon get all the syrup on the wax paper and be able to dispose of it fast and easily.
The first tip on dealing with syrup spills is to blot it out immediately it happens. Don’t make the mistake of mopping syrup spills with either soap or detergent, as this will only worsen the situation.
We hope this post on how to clean syrup off the floor will serve as a guide on dealing with sticky spills on your floor.