A floor is defined as the lower surface of anywhere you walk on. It could be on the sand, road, houses, et cetera.
In this article, we will be discussing floor cleaning hacks for homes and offices, the different types of floors and the various hacks to keep them clean.
There are several floor types, namely; Marble floors, Concrete floors, Vinyl floors, Ceramic Tile floors, Linoleum floors, Wood floors, Mosaic and Terrazzo floors, Carpet floors, et cetera.
Table of Contents
- 1 Marble Floors
- 2 Concrete Floors
- 3 Vinyl Floors
- 4 Ceramic Tile Floors
- 5 Linoleum Floors
- 6 Wood Floors
- 7 Mosaic Floors
- 8 Carpet Floor
- 9 Conclusion
From the mountains where marble is quarried, then cut into slabs and onto the floor of our homes, their final destination, marble paints the picture of flawless beauty, royalty, and elegance.
They are pretty expensive and, as such, require premium cleaning services.
Marble Floor Cleaning Hacks
- Protect the surface against scratches from furniture or any other accessories with the help of a pad.
- Water and mild soap are often enough for cleaning marble floors.
- After cleaning, ensure you dry properly.
- Marble floors are some of the most porous floors you can find, which means they can absorb water or any other liquid. Avoid leaving water too long on marble surfaces.
- For stubborn stains, try using stain removers.
- You can also use hydrogen peroxide for your lightly colored marbles.
- Surprisingly, you can clean oil stains on marble with starch.
Concrete floors are made of pure concrete. They are incredibly strong and durable. They are not exactly stunning.
What they lack in beauty, they sufficiently make up in durability. Concrete floors, if correctly done, could probably outlive generations.
Concrete Floor Cleaning Hacks
- Clear out the dirt or debris using a sweeper.
- Use a gentle concrete floor cleaner.
- If your patio is made of concrete, use a power washer.
- You can use vinegar on concrete floors.
- You can also use bleach on concrete floors.
Vinyl floors are synthetic floors made from PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride).
Vinyl floors are usually various decorative papers that give them a different look. They are pretty gorgeous.
Vinyl Floor Cleaning Hacks
- Remove dirt and debris using a sweeper
- You can use naturally mild dishwasher soap and mop the floor using a mop.
- You can also use baking soda to clean vinyl floors.
- Apple cider vinegar is also a reliable option to clean tough stains.
- Alcohol is beneficial in removing stains caused by ink and markers.
- Properly rinse your floor
- Allow for proper ventilation to air dry the vinyl floor
Ceramic Tile Floors
Ceramic tiles are hard and solid. They are primarily used in the kitchens and bathrooms but can be used in any house area.
Houses in warmer climates use ceramic tiles everywhere. Installing ceramic tiles in your living rooms or bedrooms in the dead of winter isn’t advisable as it can get freezing.
Ceramic Tile Floors Cleaning Hacks
- Clean spills as soon as they occur.
- Use a Swiffer instead of a sweeper to clean dirt or debris.
- Use a grout cleaner together with a toothbrush to clean your grout.
- Let your ceramic tile floors air dry after cleaning.
Linoleum is made from linseeds, calcium carbonate, cork, et cetera.
It is one of the most durable flooring options in the market. It comes in different sizes and colors. It is a great flooring option.
Linoleum Floor Cleaning Hacks
- Remove dust, dirt, and debris with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Mix about 4 liters of water with several drops of mild soap (dishwasher preferably) in a mop bucket and mop the floor with a mop.
- Rinse the floor after mopping.
- Air dry your linoleum floor.
Wood floor is best described as any floor type made from timber. Wood floors are trendy all over the world.
Wood floors are also stunning. It is always a beautiful addition to any home or office space.
Wood Floor Cleaning Hack
- Use canola oil and vinegar to get rid of scratches.
- Remove gum with the help of an ice cube
- Surprisingly, you can also use your black tea to sanitize your wooden floor.
- Toothpaste is not left behind when it comes to wood cleaning. They can get rid of your permanent marker stains.
- You can also fix dents on your wood floor with a hot-pressing iron and a damp cloth. What can I say? The ‘magic’ of science.
- Baby powder makes for a fantastic creaky floor fixer.
Mosaic flooring is suitable for both residential and office buildings. Mosaic floors have been around for centuries. They are also very durable.
How to Clean Your Mosaic Floor
- First of all, get rid of dirt with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
- Hydrogen peroxide can be used to remove stains on mosaic floors.
- White vinegar is also another helpful solution.
Tile floor cleaners from your shopping malls would also do the trick.
Carpet is made from textile. Carpet makes for a beautiful, protective, warm and comfortable covering for your floors.
They come in different designs. They are also environmentally friendly. They are an excellent option for kids or the elderly.
How to Clean your Carpets
- Use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of dirt on your carpet surfaces.
- When trying to remove stains on your carpet, dab on them, don’t rub to prevent spreading.
- Club soda and vinegar are beneficial with carpets.
- Hydrogen peroxide is also a vital cleaning agent on carpets.
The different types of floors like concrete floor, mosaic floor, vinyl floor, carpet floor, wood floor, linoleum floor and ceramic floor and the various cleaning methods have been covered extensively in this guide.
This article was written to give you in-depth knowledge about different floor cleaning hacks.
It is our sincere hope that this article helped make the decision easier, if it does, kindly share it across your social media platforms.